Okay, well given that I said the May goals would come this week, and it is the beginningish of May, I figure that they should go up so I can hold myself personally accountable at the end of the month.
1. Finish Burning Eden.But since the end of April and the writing of this post, it has been finished, at 122,192 words.
2. Edit the first part of Burning Eden. I’ve already got a notebook-page full of good ideas about what it should look like in the next go-around. I think quite a bit will have to be rewritten, but I think the changes will make it a considerably stronger opener. Also, I plan to cut it in length by at least a few thousand words, maybe by as much as half.
3. Write the first draft of the Challenge/Secret Santa story I’ve been given over on Absolute Write. It’s not due until the end of June, but if I can get a couple of drafts in of it, it’ll actually be presentable and stuff by that time.
4. Blog. Three times a week. Every week. That means eleven more entries this month. I’ve already got some ideas for them, so it’ll just be a case of making myself sit down and actually write them. That’s always been the real problem, I think, rather than lack of ideas: when there’s little for me that I *have* to do, I tend to go a little on the lazy side.
5. Think about getting one of those job things. I am very nearly a year out of university and it’s incredibly depressing to still be unemployed (and unemployable, apparently).